The following bakeries have been nominated via reader inquiry and interviews with other businesses in the area. For bakeries, we are looking for those that bake fresh goods on site and make more than just donuts – that’s another category!
We do a thorough review of each bakery using a grading chart of ten criteria, scoring a 1 – 10. Bakeries make the “Best of the Bluegrass” list if they score a 90 or higher. Those scoring a between a 75 and 89 receive an honorable mention. Those receiving a score of 75 or higher are featured in a full blog post write-up. Click on the name of each bakery to read the full review.
Best of the Bluegrass
- Inebriated Baker | Lexington
- B’s Bakery | Frankfort
- Cookies by Charity | Versailles
- Desserts by Rebecca | Georgetown
- DV8 Kitchen | Lexington
- European Bakery | Nicholasville
- La Petit Delicat | Lexington
- Magee’s Bakery | Lexington
- Magie’s Bakery | Maysville
- Martine’s Pastries | Lexington
- Midway Bakery & Cafe| Midway
- Peggy’s Bake Shop
- Poppy & Olive | Lexington
- Poppy’s Bakery | Frankfort
- Sunrise Bakery | Lexington
- Sweet Matriarch | Georgetown
Have a recommendation, comment below, tap us on our social media channels or email us at adventuresinlexington(at)gmail(dot)com. We’d love your feedback and recommendations.